Inspiration in the Lake District tour
One Day Tour (Private)
- Driver-guide and executive-type vehicle.
- Entry fee to attractions.
- Our full-day tours last approximately 8 hours
- Beatrix Potter's home, Hilltop is closed Nov 1 to Feb 14
- Tours can start and finish In Windermere, Bowness or Grasmere. Mileage charges outside these regions
- Oxenholme station £40 on way transfer
- Start and finish point - not sure or need advice? Call or e-mail us
- Pay online in advance or cash on the day
- Meet the guide at the front/lobby of your hotel accommodation five minutes before tour start-time.
All bookings are subject to our standard Terms & Conditions.
For your financial protection Rosehill Travel is a member of Trust My Travel and our membership no. is TMT37964.Find out more»
The Lake District, Englands largest national park. The home of Beatrix Potter, and William Wordsworth. With 16 shimmering lakes and England’s highest mountains, to sheltered valleys, heather moorlands and salty seascapes, it's dramatic landscape never fails to inspire visitors. See it’s highlights on a private guided day tour with a local “blue-badge” expert guide.
Tell Me More...
The perfect experience for the first time visitor to the Lake District, a private driver-guided tour for just you and your party to explore the highlights of this breathtaking landscape. You will be met at your hotel, train station or place of your choice where you will meet your guide and begin your day exploring the Lake District and it's wonders.
First of all a view of Windermere and a look at Wray castle where Beatrix Potter stayed on her first visit to the area before travelling onwards to Near Sawrey and the famous Hilltop Farm house that was the Beatrix Potter
Please read our itinerary, ideal for first-time visitors to the area.
Note: route can be adjusted to fit with any start and finish point eg Bowness on Windermere, Oxenholme, station, Grasmere etc.
- Start: Your hotel, train station etc
- Lake Windermere and Wray castle view
- Beatrix Potter's house, Hill Top
- Tarn Hows
- Coniston Water
- Grasmere (including Grasmere Gingerbread)
- Derwent Water
- Ashness Bridge and Surprise view
- Castlerigg Stone Circle
- Rydal Water
- Finish: Your chosen destination, hotel etc
To start your booking, click on the big blue Book Online button(s) or view our How to Book guide for more information.
Year round except 20th to 31st December